Baker Hughes Incorporated
17021 Aldine Westfield
Houston, Texas 77073

Alondra Oteyza

Director, Investor Relations


Direct Registration

Keeping It Simple with Direct Registration

Direct Registration is a service that allows shares to be owned, reported and transferred electronically without having a physical stock certificate issued.

At Baker Hughes, our goal is to build value for stockholders. As part of this effort, we constantly look for ways to keep stock ownership as simple and cost-effective as possible.

More Modern Record Keeping

Direct Registration, or book-entry stock ownership, is one of our newest services. Direct Registration means that instead of receiving a physical stock certificate to represent BHI common shares, your shares are held in your name and recorded electronically on BHI's books and records.


Holding your shares in Direct Registration relieves you from the worry and responsibility of keeping track of your valuable stock certificate(s). It also saves you the time and expense of getting them replaced if you can't find them. Under Direct Registration ownership, you maintain your traditional voting and other rights and benefits as a stockholder.

More Services

  • For safekeeping, you can convert your physical stock certificate(s) to book-entry stock ownership.
  • You can sell all or some of your book-entry shares simply by calling Computershare Shareowner Services, our transfer agent, at 1-888-216-8057 between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
  • You can receive your dividends in cash or choose to reinvest all or part of them to purchase additional shares through BHI's Dividend Reinvestment Plan (the "Plan").
  • You can transfer your book-entry shares without having to surrender a physical stock certificate.
  • You can electronically transfer all or some of your shares held by your broker to Direct Registration by contacting your broker.
  • You can electronically transfer all or some of your book-entry shares to your broker at no cost to you by calling our transfer agent.